The Optimist’s Creed
“I promise myself…
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature I meet.
- To give so much time to improving myself that I have no to time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
- To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words, but in great deeds.
- To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.”
Author: Christian D. Larson (1874—154)